Re: Added some interesting functionality to my cygwin sandbox

Robert Collins wrote:

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 00:47, Christopher Faylor wrote:

Any thoughts?

The a: directory if the mount flag is set and the directory exists.

If I just make this conditional on the existence of an a: file or directory you'll never be able to create a new a: .

what about:
a: never refers to the floppy unless:
a: exists and is a directory with /dev/floppy mounted there?

Seems to me that we're trying too hard to accommodate both worlds
in this discussion.  The real goal is to get better UNIX support.  This
contradicts Win32isms.  If it didn't, we wouldn't need this effort.  All
the paths in question are easily accessible via POSIX paths, so there is
no need to try to accommodate those who would use Win32-like paths and expect
them to act as such.  The concession one must accept to use this option
is POSIX paths.  So I say just make a clean break and let it go at that.
Of course, there will be those who try, fail, and complain.  But part of
this work includes the proper FAQ entries that we can all reference in
response, right? ;-)

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746