Windows 2003

Corinna,

judging from your recent post on the list you have new
info on the Create Token privilege of SYSTEM on 2003.

If I understand it correctly, the only way out is to
run under a new privileged account. Correct?

That's a problem from an application porting point
of view because one can't determine that a process is
privileged simply by comparing its uid to ROOT_UID (18).

Should we introduce some means to determine if a
process can setuid, e.g. a new value for cygwin_internal(),
checking membership in Admins and having enough
privileges?

Pierre