This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygwin-1.5.3 release notes
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:13:53 -0400
- Subject: cygwin-1.5.3 release notes
- Reply-to: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
From: Christopher Faylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.5.3-1
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
This version is currently available for testing only. As in version
1.5.0, it contains major changes in some APIs such that 64 bit file I/O
operations are now available. This means that some structures such as
those found in 'stat' and 'dirent' have changed. Older applications
will continue to work correctly but DLLs and libraries which use any
structures whose size has changed will need to be recompiled and
relinked. This is the first non-test version of cygwin with these
There have been two problems with previous 1.5.x releases. One involved
any application that used fdopen and another involved any application
that used -lc on the command line. If you have rebuilt a library or
application for 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 and you used either of these, you will
need to relink your app for 1.5.3. I'm very sorry for the
inconvenience. Executables linked for/with 1.3.32 or earlier should
continue to work fine.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.5.2-1:
- Fix problems where cygwin heap could run into mmapped regions.
- Allow greater number of recursive signal invocations. (Pierre Humblet)
- Fix problems using libm.a which resulted in "File truncated" errors.
- Check arguments for mount/umount syscalls to avoid crashes.
- Recognize special names with extensions as needing encoding under
managed mode. (Christopher Faylor)
- Do sanity checking on packages when they are reported on cygcheck.
- Implement cygcheck --list-package option to list all files in a package.
- Implement cygcheck --find-package to find the package associated with a
file. (Igor Pechtchanski)