Re: cygpath and SHGetSpecialFolderPath

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 10:43:50AM -0400, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> > At 06:05 AM 10/15/2003, Corinna Vinschen you wrote:
> > >While reading the thread about the cygpath problem, I looked into the
> > >code and found that the code is using SHGetSpecialFolderLocation/
> > >SHGetPathFromIDList.  The same output could be achieved by just calling
> > >SHGetSpecialFolderPath.  The only problem with this function is that
> > >it expects IE4 to be installed.  Is that a showstopper for using that
> > >function in cygpath?  Does anybody honestly still use an IE < 4.0?
> >
> > Doesn't setup already require at least IE 5?
>
> No further discussion/opinion?  If nobody vehemently disagrees, I'll
> change cygpath.cc within the next 24 hours.  Speak up now or shut up
> forever ;-)

I think it's reasonable to require IE4 to be installed. Win98 had it
pre-installed, 98SE had IE5, and 95 isn't supported any more. This is the
conclusion we came to at my job when we had to dip into the new Shell
library calls.

--
tangled strands of DNA explain the way that I behave.
http://www.clock.org/~matt