Re: [dk: RE: Oh dear, pthreads and stdio still not mt-safe :-(]

cgf wrote:

Does anyone have time to do this? My sources are in complete disarray

Yes, I've had this exported for awhile, but I was waiting until the source stabilized before proposing a new batch of exports.

at the moment.  It might be nice to sweep through newlib again (I did
this a year ago, I think) and see if there are other things we should be
exporting.

You're right, there are a few (atoll, llabs, lldiv, & wcsnlen come to mind). In addition, there are some functions which could be made relevant by aliasing their "__" in cygwin.din and adding an entry to the header file. Two examples of this are __getdelim and __getline which, AFAICT, work fine when aliased as getdelim & getline.

While we're on the subject, I was scanning newlib the other day and I spotted two functions of interest in libc/unix -- `pread' & `pwrite'. Unfortunately, we do not build in the unix dir, since most of our unistd functions are provided inside the Cygwin tree. Would anyone object if I submitted a patch to newlib which would allow Cygwin to build in that dir? The plan would be to add:
if !defined(UNISTD_PROVIDED)
to the other unix sourcefiles which provide functions we already have.

I'll submit a patch of what I have found so far. I'll do a more thorough sweep later after I put the finishing touches on the resolver code I've been working on. Of course, if someone beats me to it, all the better.

Cheers,
Nicholas