Using eCos code in Cygwin

Hi All,

I've been working on integrating the full bind resolver into Cygwin and, as such, have seen fit to use some code from eCos (specifically for inet_ntop, inet_pton, & *ifaddrs). At the time I did this, it didn't seem to be a problem, since the code was copyrighted by Red Hat. However, I'm asking now in light of this announcement (which was sent in the latest "Under The Brim"):

http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2004/press_eCosFSF.html

Is there anyway you could get an exception for Cygwin, since I'm almost certain that Stallman & friends are going to convert everything from BSD/Red Hat -> GPL (grrrr)? IANAL, so I thought it best to ask now, before I go any farther. If not, I'll just go back to the drawing board. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Nicholas