loopback device

Would it be feasible to add a loopback device to the cygwin dll? I've
managed to have partition magic and another program called vmware to see
a dd'd disk image after mounting that disk image with vdk.
(http://chitchat.at.infoseek.co.jp/vmware/vdk.html#download) I'll look
at what's possible, and would hope i can get some direction.. it might
be helpful for me to say that vdk's source code is also freely
available..  finally subscribed and hope i don't get bogged down for the
wrong place.. cheers! :)

james