Re: CWD and long paths

Jose A Fernandez wrote:

> Is it okay to simply return the moral equivalent of ENAMETOOLONG?  It's

That would be another way to go, but it requires knowing beforehand that
you're about to exec a non-Cygwin binary and I'm not sure we can
guarantee that.  I don't recall if the 'cygexec' stuff was generalized
or still applies only if the user explicitly set the flag in the mount
table.

> a hell of a surprise for a child app to do its thing in anything but the
> expecteded directory.

Well sure, but I think the whole point here is that this is a square
peg/round hole kind of situation so there's really no way to avoid
surprise of some sort -- unless you go to the levels of extreme that Lev
outlined.

Brian