Re: [HEADSUP] Let's start a Cygwin 1.7 release area

Quoting Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>:

This allows to install a 1.7 Cygwin tree which is independent from a parallel 1.5.x installation in terms of mount points. It's still not a good idea to *run* two parallel DLLs, though.

FYI: I allow this for MSYS but had to modify the shared area names by using a hash based on the DLL path. It is still an issue if one executes a file from one path while in another though. However, this should be rare and I've only run into this issue during testing. This allows other vendors to distribute MSYS in specialized locations while not interfering with other installed locations.

Earnie -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/