Re: Handling NFS shares

On May 20 12:24, Samuel Robb wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 18:16 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just uploaded 1.7.0-11 to the release-2 area.  The main change is that
> > Cygwin is now NFS-aware.
>
> That's... wow.  Just... wow.
>
> Does it work with random NFS exports, or just with Interix's
> implementation of NFS?

It recognizes NFS shares by the file system name of "NFS".  I only have
the Microsoft NFS client so I have no idea if that works with other NFS
client implementations as well.  Given that the access mechanism using
EAs is not (yet) documented, I doubt that other NFS clients for Windows
use the same technique.