This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ntsec a mount option?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:30:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: ntsec a mount option?
- References: <20080714162626.GY24644@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
On Jul 14 18:26, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> this weekend it occured to me that the global "allow_ntsec" setting is
> rather non-granular. Given that ntsec is only used for file access
> anyway, wouldn't make it much more sense to remove the CYGWIN option
> "ntsec" and define a mount option "acl"/"noacl" as on ext2 under Linux
This would also get rid of "smbntsec". "acl" could be default on
local NTFS and remote NTFS/NFS, "noacl" would be only option for
FAT and could be default for Samba shares.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com