Re: Filenames with Win32 special characters (or: Interix filename compatibility)

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:28:04PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Jul 16 19:20, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:40:00PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> >The mount(1) command needs still to be changed to reflect all the changes
>> >of the last couple of days.  Chris, would you mind to take a stab at this?
>>
>> Sure.  The mount command is overdue for a facelift.
>
>Thanks!  I promise to change the documentation accordingly.
>
>Apropos documentation.  I think I will check in what I have.  Even though
>it's not yet finished, I guess it's much better than having only really
>bad documentation.
>
>I was thinking of uploading the docs to cygwin.com for easy preview by
>potential users.  What about http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net?
>I haven't looked over the FAQ yet, so, no FAQ yet.

Documentation is always good and that sounds like the logical place.

I was wondering, though.  Should we be calling this release 2.0 or 1.9
or something like that?  There are enough changes in it that just
bumping the middle number doesn't seem like it's enough.

I started thinking about this after seeing the latest linux bike shed
discussions mentioned here:

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/16/1310239