codepage:utf8... do we still need it?

Hi guys,

Now that setlocale in newlib supports well-defined $LANG/$LC_xxx
settings, we could easily start to drop the codepage:utf8 setting again.

In theory the utf8 codepage for Windows filename conversion could simply
rely now on the return value of __locale_charset () and if the setting
is "UTF-8", it could override the codepage:ansi or codepage:oem setting.

Would that be a good idea?

Second question:

Does anybody have an idea if we could get rid of codepage:ansi/oem
entirely?  Do we need it at all?  I'm not quite sure what the OEM
codepage is still good for.  I'm wondering if using the ANSI code page
in case __locale_charset () isn't UTF-8 should be sufficient, now that
all file and console operations are using wide char functions anyway.
But that's the problem, I'm not at all sure I understand that right.