Re: [Fwd: dlopen regression in 1.7? (or is it just me?)]

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> But I'm still not clear on
>
>   newu->cxx_malloc = &__cygwin_cxx_malloc;
>
> vs.
>
>   *newu->cxx_malloc = __cygwin_cxx_malloc;
>
> What's the better approach now?

  Absolutely the second one.  We'll have the dll's internal per-process *always*
point to the internal _cxx_malloc_struct, and everything write back its changes
to there, because it will always be there.  We won't ever have it point into a
DLL, regardless of statically or dynamically loaded.

  Just want to make sure I've covered all the bases for forward/backward
compatibility against old and new cygwin-dependent DLLs.

    cheers,
      DaveK