Re: 1.7.1 release date?

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> Corinna wrote:
>> So, what do you all think about the shape 1.7 is in?
>>
>> It surely has still bugs, but is it stable enough that we can
>> contemplate a release, finally?
>
> I think we can.  I've been using it in a production environment for
> quite a while with no issues.

I agree -- at least from my personal experience. I think the major
concern is, do you guys (the folks most versed in the charset/lang
issues) think that the charset/lang stuff is good enough (even if not
perfect) for a release?  Two other *minor* concerns:

1) Any additional functions Eric Blake thinks we should export/add
before 1.7.1 -- as opposed to down the road in 1.7.(N+1).  He seems to
find a new one every week or so.
2) The terminal handling stuff Andy Koppe mentioned: making "console"
act more like xterm, or more like the linux console, coupled with
changes to terminfo and/or termcap -- and possibly base-files.  (Most
significantly, I'm thinking of the recent discussion concerning ^H vs.
^?.  I've still got a patch in my queue for terminfo, so I'd like to
roll that out before/simultaneously with cygwin-1.7.1; I'm pretty sure
there's a pending update for termcap, as well.

--
Chuck