Re: 1.7.2?

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 07:16:17PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Feb 25 10:45, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 03:44:57PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>>Apart from the flow around the SEH problem, is there anything left
>>>which would hold up a 1.7.2 release?  Personally I would love to have
>>>my era and alt_digits support in strftime and (yet to be hacked)
>>>strptime in 1.7.2, but it's not worth to hold up a release, I think.
>>
>>Nope, I'll check in a few more SEH things in the next couple of days
>>but, other than that, I think it's time for a new release.
>
>Chris, were the latest changes all you planned to apply?

That's it for me for now.  I'd hoped to submit some more changes to
_cygtls but I'm stalled for now.  I had an exciting change planned which
I thought would minimize Cygwin's interaction with BLODA but, as usual,
on further probing, Windows has thwarted me.

>Other than that and the addition of the XDR entry points including
>the fine documentation ;), is there anything left?
>
>What about the rename .exe suffix problem in the thread at
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-03/msg00026.html
>Do we have to fix that?  My problem is that I don't have any good idea
>how to do that.

I've been trying to pay attention to that issue but I don't really
understand it.  Do we have a simple test cause which causes the problem?

I wouldn't mind releasing a 1.7.3 just with that fix if it came down
to that.