Re: "noacl" default for cygdrives?

On 19/03/2010 11:42, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Here's a question.

  I don't like the sound of it.  It would break lots of things that work just
fine on local drives, for the sake of a few folks with wacky network drive
configurations.  How many /more/ complaints are we going to get if perms
suddenly disappear on ordinary local drives, rather than just for people with
an unusual network setup?

  Can't we just tell those who want to use such drives to explicitly mount
/cygdrive/<letter> noacl for their remote drives, rather than make everyone
who has normal drives remount them all manually with acls?

    cheers,
      DaveK