Re: Cygwin CWD vs. Win32 CWD (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.003-1)

On 25 August 2010 21:40, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Please see the patch below. ÂComments are highly welcome. ÂAlternatively
>> we just drop the entire jumble and keep the Win32 always in sync. ÂI'm
>> still wondering what other guys on the list think...
>
> I think posix compatibility should be preferred. I like:
> Â * the three different options (no_sync, sync_once, sync_always)

What is the point of the sync_once option? If a Win32-using program
can be made to work with sync_once because it doesn't invoke chdir(),
then it will also work with sync_always. As far as I can see, this is
needless complexity.

> Â * the idea to link a .o so that one of the non-default options
> Â Â can be selected without code changes

cgf, did you get the .o idea to work?

Andy