Re: Cygwin Filesystem Performance degradation 1.7.5 vs 1.7.7, and methods for improving performance

On 9/29/2010 3:25 PM, Derry Shribman wrote:
Hi,

Q) how much code needs to be modified to get this to work?
A) just add
#ifdef __CYGWIN__
setenv("CYGWIN", "no_ino no_nlink");
#endif
In the code. ONCE!

If it's known that the application doesn't ever use the "heavy" parts of stat() in any of its code, then substituting xstat() for stat() globally only needs to happen once in the code as well.

So it sounds to me like if xstat existed right now in Cygwin, you'd be just
as content with it for application use as some Cygwin-specific environment
variable.  Or was there another point for application use that I missed?

--
Larry