Re: problem adding complex to newlib/cygwin

--- Lun 4/10/10, Corinna Vinschen? ha scritto:

> Btw., you'll note that cabs and cabsf are already
> available
> (from newlib/libm/math/w[f]_cabs.c files):
>
> ? cabs NOSIGFE
> ? _cabs = cabs NOSIGFE
> ? cabsf NOSIGFE
> ? _cabsf = cabsf NOSIGFE

I know, the potential problem is that they are slight different
I need to test if the implementation is the same or not.
The cleanest way should be to use the new version:

double
cabs(double complex z)
{

        return hypot(__real__ z, __imag__ z);
}
versus the previous one

struct complex {
        double x;
        double y;
};

double
cabs(z)
        struct complex z;
{
        return hypot(z.x, z.y);
}

> The underscore variations are there as a result of a wrong
> sense of
> backward compatibility.? We don't do that anymore for
> new functions.
> So, you just have to add the version without leading
> underscore, for
> instance:
>
> ? cexp NOSIGFE
> ? cexpf NOSIGFE