Re: RFC: Cygwin 64 bit?

On 28.6.2011 15:54, Eric Blake wrote:

> In my mind, LLP64 makes absolutely zero sense.  Microsoft broke lots of
> programs that previously used to assume that any pointer could be
> converted to a long and back.  LP64 is the way to go for cygwin.

If LP64 is chosen as the model then for the toolchain it might be useful to see if Interix' GCC 4.6 and Binutils could be used as a starting point. The sources haven't been released yet as the new GCC is still in alpha/beta phase.

For more information:

http://www.suacommunity.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=19087

http://www.suacommunity.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=18858

Teemu