Re: RFC: Cygwin 64 bit?

On 6/28/2011 3:47 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 13:33 -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Don't forget tcl/tk which is still kinda sorta not really cygwin.
>
> Not in Ports it's not. :-)  I thought we agreed in principle to change
> that in the distro too, but for whatever reason that hasn't happened
> yet.

The holdup is (a) cgf is the maintainer, and IIRC /he/ never "agreed in
principle", (b) even if he did, there's the question of how many tuits
he has accumulated, and (c) the ripple effect on tcl/tk clients is of
unknown size, leading to some trepidation.

But that's a side issue, and should be discussed on cygwinAT or
cygwin-appsAT in a separate thread. (I'll note this in passing, tho:
somebody, I forgot who, posted a smallish patch set to one of the lists
that fully transitioned tcl/tk to cygwin internals, BUT kept the GDI
windowing calls rather than converting to X.  Dunno if that's an idea
that should be discussed or not.  In the separate thread.)

--
Chuck