Re: Add support for Windows 8, first step

On 13.10.2011 19:51, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

I just checked in a patch to find_fast_cwd_pointer which allows to
compute fast_cwd_ptr on W8 as well.  It was pretty simple.  The only
crucial difference in the code was the usage of "push crit-sect-addr"
instead of "mov edi, crit-sect-addr; push edi", which changes the
address of the next instruction by a single byte.

Just tested and it seems to work fine apart from one problem. When LANG is set to default C.UTF-8 I get random fork errors. I found a workaround because I don't like to use Cygwin in Finnish so setting LANG=C fixes the problem. I've attached a log that shows the errors. Otherwise Cygwin works fine with your latest patch, I managed to compile Cygwin itself without any problems.