Re: Possibility to add dlinfo() to dlfcn.h?

On Feb 2 09:52, Ryan Johnson wrote:
Hi all,

Before I go off hacking code, is there a particular reason dlinfo()
is missing from cygwin's dlfcn.h, other than SHTDI? I know it's not
I guess it's a case of SHTNI, too, with N == notice or need.  After
all, it doesn't even have a man page.

strictly a posix function, but it is present in the linux systems I
have access to and can be rather handy. I considered parsing
/proc/$$/maps, but that doesn't guarantee the module is actually
loaded (as opposed to merely mmapped).

Based on past tangles with cygwin's underbelly I would think some
boilerplate surrounding a call to GetLoadedModules() would suffice.
Not sure about that.  What do you want this function for?  What's
your use case?
Sorry, you're right -- I'd mostly be interested in the linkmap, and forgot about the other request types. I'm hoping the former would help introspect unwind sections to construct accurate backtraces from within an app. No big deal, tho. I'll play on a linux machine until I see whether it's compelling enough to be worth porting to cygwin.

Thanks!
Ryan