Re: crash on latest cygwin snapshot

On Jul  5 02:49, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 11:17 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > >
> > >Dave, any chance we can get a gcc update to 4.6?
>
> AFAICS the last time Dave was heard from on the lists was March 24.

We have gone through that situation already at one point.  Eventually
Dave showed up and created a new package but we really thought he was
gone for many weeks.

Dave, if you read that, this limbo state in which nobody knows if you
still maintain gcc or not because you're gone for many weeks is pretty
frustrating.  I know, life and all, but still...

Yaakov, I guess you're still willing to take over gcc maintainership if
Dave doesn't show up?  If so, I think we should give Dave 2 weeks.
Vacation happens.

> > Or, barring that, an experimental gcc 4.6 cross-compiler for Linux.
> >
> > I will roll one myself if Yaakov doesn't already have one lurking in
> > the wings.
>
> I don't currently.  But wouldn't 4.7.1 be preferable?

That would be cool.  Are you prepared to roll out a 4.7.1 cross gcc
for testing?

Thanks,