Latest 64 bit test stuff on sourceware

Hi guys,

I just uploaded all the stuff I have 64 bit-wise to the sourceware ftp
area.  See ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/64bit/

What you see there is this:

- binary-toolchain-x86_64-pc-linux-x-x86_64-pc-cygwin-20130209.tar.xz

    This >80 Megs archive contains a binary toolchain dir, representing
    the full cross-build toolchain for x86_64 Linux, targeting
    x86_64-pc-cygwin.  This toolchain allows to build 64 bit Cygwin as
    well as 64 bit Cygwin binaries.  Only C and C++ are supported as
    languages, since that's all I need.  libgcc and libstdc++ only exist
    as static libs so far.

    After unpacking you get a directory called x86_64-pc-cygwin.  Assuming
    you install to /opt, just add /opt/x86_64-pc-cygwin/bin to $PATH and
    you should be all set.  Again, this is a toolchain only running on
    x86_64 Linux.  I'm using it on Fedora 17 right now.

- x86_64-pc-cygwin-binutils-20130209.patch
- x86_64-pc-cygwin-gcc-20130209.patch

    These are the current patchsets to binutils and gcc, relative to
    current CVS/SVN HEAD.  The problem I described in my mail
    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2013-02/msg00009.html
    is yet unsolved, but the required changes to gcc to support that
    scenario will be addresses by my collegue Kai Tietz within this
    month.

- 64bit-testdir-20130209.tar.xz

    This is the full set of 64 bit binaries I have right now, apart from
    cygserver, which I missed to include.  The set consists of the
    cygwin DLL, the Cygwin utils, a dash shell, and a tool called
    cat-maps, which I hacked to print out /proc/$PID/maps of a 64 bit
    process.  In fact, it's a simple cat(1), but only for printing the
    maps file.  Why not cat?  Easy:  cat-maps also works outside of a
    Cygwin shell...

    However, what's also include is a subdir called mingw64-gdb.  That
    subdir contains what the name implies, a x86_64 Mingw GDB targeting
    x86_64 Windows.  This GDB is *extremly* helpful to track down
    problems in 64 bit Cygwin.  Apart from that, strace also seems to
    work quite nicely.

    Please note, even if you can start 64 bit Cygwin processes from
    32 bit Cygwin and vice versa, there's no real interaction between
    32 and 64 bit Cygwin processes yet, especially not at execve time.
    Don't try to run 64 bit processes from 32 bit mintty, it won't
    work as expected.  Use a Windows console for now.

- What's missing are the Cygwin sources, but you can easily fetch them
  from the Cygwin CVS repo:

    cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cygwin.com co -r cygwin-64bit-branch winsup

Play with this all you like.  If you find bugs, please report them to
this list.  As usual, the best way to report bugs is to send patches.
Apart from that, I'm grateful if you use the included GDB to try to
track down the problem or, baring that, use strace and/or write a
testcase.

Peace,