Re: Resurrect discussion: Mixing 32 and 64 bit distro

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Ryan Johnson
<ryan.johnson@cs.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> [1] This assumes the user didn't clobber their 32-bit install with a 64-bit
> one, completely replacing a subset of dlls with a new set having the wrong
> bitness. Mixed 1.5/1.7 installations were never allowed AFAIK, so I don't
> think 32/64-bit mixes need be.

This is the primary issue, this and how to communicate between the
64bit process and the 32bit process.

Mixed or separated there has to be some method for interprocess
communication and then be able to trouble shoot which is at fault when
someone complains.

--
Earnie