Re: [Cygwin64] dash segfault

On Mar 10 12:45, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar 10 11:18, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > > Ok, I recompiled dash locally (.../configure CFLAGS=-g --prefix=/usr)
> > > and used CYGWIN='error_start=C:\...\bin\dumper.exe' and got myself a
> > > core file...
> > >
> > > Not much appears to be going on though, suggestions are welcome...
> >
> > Hmm. What about error_start=C:\...\gdb.exe?  Maybe that gives you a bit
> > more "life" information.
>
> Btw., I just checked the RIP value in the stackdump output you sent.
>
> Assuming you're using cygwin1.dll from the base package, this would be
> ptmalloc3.cc, line 792.  This in turn would point to a call of free() on
> something not a valid pointer.
>
> Assuming you're using cygwin1.dll from the cygwin-1.7.18-2.tar.bz2
> package in the 64bit/release area, that would be malloc-private.h, line 88.
>
> That would be a mutex_unlock call from within the ptmalloc3 code.
>
> The missing stack is a pity, though, since that leaves us with no
> trace about the cicumstances.  If you reproduce the same with a
> non-optimized debug version of dash, does the stackdump contain a
> stack backtrace?

And, another btw., you should definitely use the cygwin-1.7.18-2.tar.bz2
version.  It fixes a serious bug present in the base package's Cygwin
DLL.  FWIW, I'm trying to reproduce the problem for the last half hour
by repeating a libedit build over and over again, but I can't get it to
crash.  I'm now going to send the mail in the hope that the crash
occurs right after I hit the send button.

[...just seconds pass...]

Yay, I have a crash right *before* I hit the send button.  The threat
alone seem to have convinced dash that it's time to stop kidding around.