Re: [Cygwin64] dash segfault

On Mar 11 15:35, Peter Rosin wrote:
> On 2013-03-11 13:32, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I've just uploaded a new 64 bit Cygwin DLL package 1.7.18-3.  Can you
> > please restart testing with this version?  I'm trying for about an
> > hour to reproduce the problem now, but so far I didn't succeeed, which
> > is a good sign, hopefully.
>
> Good new first, it seems to be less frequent! But there's still
> something bad going on, so sorry, no cigar...

Too bad.  Unfortunately the backtrace is not helpful.

> Second, there's the non-crash exit (where dash sometimes exits w/o
> triggering error_start, this still happens with -3):
> [...]
> Third (which I haven't reported previously, but I have seen it with -2 as
> well), sometimes gdb gets triggered by error_start, but it fails to attach
> to the process. When this happens I see this in the gdb window (after the
> boilerplate):
>
> Reading symbols from /usr/bin/dash.exe...done.
> Can't attach to process.
> /cygdrive/c/Cygwin/home/peda/ggi/cyg64/ggi/default-shared/47784: No such file or directory.
> (gdb)

Hmm, maybe the process doesn't exist anymore for some reason.

> Lastly, I have a tiny unrelated wishlist request of very low priority.
> Could the w32api headers be updated to the latest from the mingw64 repo
> the next time there's a gcc update? I had a small patch upstreamed that
> will enable me to drop a local workaround. Thanks!

I'll see to it for the next rebuild, but right now Mingw HEAD doesn't
build for me.

Can you please test something for me?  Can you please try the files

ftp://ftp.cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/64bit/cygwin1.dbg.bz2
ftp://ftp.cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/64bit/cygwin1.dll.bz2

Bunzip them and install into /bin and try again.  I would like to test
an assumption.

Thanks,