Re: native symlink

On 3/31/2013 11:55 AM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

<snip>

Larry's statement that native symlinks only work on NTFS is no longer
true.  They also work on Microsoft's ReFS as well as in OpenAFS 1.7.23
and above.

True.  My original statement was a bit of an overstatement. ;-)  What is
also true is that Cygwin-native symlinks work with Cygwin tools on both NTFS
and FAT filesystems.  This was an important consideration when they were
originally implemented and continues to be important today.  Someday,
though, the benefits of this transparent handling of symlinks on FAT filesystems fade. But let me stop there as I fear I'm getting dangerously
close to rehashing old topics. :-)

Thanks Jeffrey for the pointer to your blog post.

--
Larry