Re: Broken header dirent.h

Hi Ryan,

On Jul 12 13:53, Ryan Johnson wrote:
Hi all,

Please CC me in replies, I'm no longer a list member.
Given the massive amount of mail on this list I can see your point... ;)
Actually, I do seem to be a list member of this list after all. It's the main cygwin list that had too much traffic.

I recently tried to use <sys/dirent.h> in a C++ program and got linker
errors. Turns out the header is neither C++-aware (extern "C") nor
cygwin-aware (_EXFUN).
It doesn't have to be.  Including <sys/dirent.h> is not meant to be done
in application code.  The POSIX header is <dirent.h>, not <sys/dirent.h>:
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/dirent.h.html

If you include <dirent.h>, your linker problems should go away.
Oops... I must have misread a man page somewhere. Could have sworn it said to use sys/dirent.h, but die.net (my usual go-to for man pages since I can't figure out how to install them locally) definitely agrees with you.

Thanks,
Ryan