This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ip.h & tcp.h
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:21:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: ip.h & tcp.h
- References: <001601c1df6a$0d08ea20$0610a8c0@wyw>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 09:56:37AM +0800, Wu Yongwei wrote:
>ChangeLog: BSD-style header files ip.h, tcp.h, and udp.h are added, which
>include definitions for IP, TCP, and UDP packet header structures.
>* ip.h.diff is against /usr/include/netinet/ip.h
>* tcp.h.diff is against /usr/include/netinet/tcp.h
>* udp.h should be added to /usr/include/netinet
>* ip.h in /usr/include/cygwin contains only a comment and I suppose it could
>1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
> notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
>2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
> notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
> documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
>3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
> must display the following acknowledgement:
> This product includes software developed by the University of
> California, Berkeley and its contributors.
>4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
> may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
> without specific prior written permission.
1) Patches just to cygwin-patches, please.
2) Your ChangeLog is incorrect.
3) Please submit 1 (one) patch for everything rather than one patch per file.
It just makes a reviewer's life harder if you submit multiple patches as
attachments. If your mailer allows you to submit patches inline without
screwing up spacing that is preferred.
4) The diffs and ChangeLog should make it very obvious what is being changed.
There is no need for more words at this point. If this was your first
submission asking for a change to Cygwin, then, sure, add a description.
You've already beaten this subject to death, however, so there is no need
for more justification.
None of the above is a show stopper except for 2. As I predicted, your
ChangeLog is incorrect. Go back to the web page that I keep mentioning
to see why.