This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH]setup.exe: delete called for NULL pointer
- From: "Michael A Chase" <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
- To: "Pavel Tsekov" <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- Cc: <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:51:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]setup.exe: delete called for NULL pointer
- References: <018801c1e0b8$fc496fc0$d900a8c0@mchasecompaq> <email@example.com>
I don't know, but many other places where it is called, it's protected by
** I normally forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. **
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Give a hobbit a fish and he eats fish for a day.
Give a hobbit a ring and he eats fish for an age.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pavel Tsekov" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "Michael A Chase" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 13:01
Subject: Re: [PATCH]setup.exe: delete called for NULL pointer
> Wednesday, April 10, 2002, 7:20:30 PM, you wrote:
> MAC> I don't know if this delete call is a problem, but every other place
> MAC> delete called in the setup.exe source, the variable was either
> MAC> NULL or the variable was certain to not be NULL. In this case, the
> MAC> either must be NULL or the buffer is too small.
> Isn't the 'delete' operator NULL aware ?