This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bug in ln / cygwin1.dll
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 11:36:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: Bug in ln / cygwin1.dll
- References: <011901c1f2fb$1fbf5330$0100a8c0@advent02> <20020504042742.GI32261@redhat.com> <00c801c1f36d$73d55470$0100a8c0@advent02>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 02:13:16PM +0100, Chris January wrote:
>> >When I run 'make -f Makefile.cvs' with QT3, I find that ln segfaults
>> >to create a symlink. I've included the output of strace showing the
>> >output of cygcheck and also the stackdump ln produces. I can reproduce
>> >so if you need any more information, please ask. The problem occurs with
>> >latest Cygwin CVS.
>> >ln is 'ln (fileutils) 4.1'.
>> >cygwin is 'CYGWIN_NT-5.0 ADVENT02 1.3.11(0.52/3/2) 2002-05-03 15:18 i686
>> You're using a locally built version of cygwin. Please run it under gdb
>> and pinpoint where the problem is occurring. You may find the techniques
>> in how-to-debug-cygwin.txt useful.
>This patch fixes the problem.