This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: strace -f fix
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 18:38:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: strace -f fix
- References: <06eb01c209b9$11c491d0$6132bc3e@BABEL>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 11:09:57PM +0100, Conrad Scott wrote:
>I've been playing around with the strace program some more and noticed a
>minor glitch: it's only meant to trace forked children if the -f flag is
>given on the command line. Unfortunately it currently always traces
>children, and the this flag has no effect.
>Having read the MS documentation, I fully understand this: the documentation
>of the relevant flag (DEBUG_ONLY_THIS_PROCESS) is at the least utterly
>ambiguous and most likely contradictory.
What are you trying to fix? AFAICT, the -f option is working correctly.