This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: regtool support for remote registry
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- To: egor duda <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:28:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: regtool support for remote registry
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 02:11:46PM +0400, Egor Duda wrote:
> Attached patch allows regtool to access registry on remote hosts,
> regtool get \\bumba\machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentVersion\programFilesDir
Just a question: Wouldn't it make sense to use a syntax as rcp/scp:
regtool get bumba:\machine\software\microsoft\...
This together with the capability to use forward slashes looks
regtool get bumba:/machine/software/microsoft/...
In this context I see for the first time, that the usage doesn't
say anything about using forward slashes. Shouldn't we add a word
that this is possible, too?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.