Integrated help facility for GNU/Cygwin?

For some time, I have been thinking about developing (and on occasion actually developing some lamo scripts towards) an integrated help facility for GNU/Cygwin that would be inclusive of:

man
info
HTML
help <internal-command>
<cmd> -h
<cmd> --help
<cmd> -?
<cmd> --version
apropos
whatis
README
<other relevant text files without an appropriate file name suffix>
perldoc
<dos command of use in a scripting environment> /h
<dos command of use in a scripting environment> /?
cmd 'help' <dos command of use in a scripting environment>
   -e.g., attrib
   -      associate

and general search through the text of the various help document pages.

I had been given some pointers to projects at Sourceforge, by David Wheeler (http://www.davidwheeler.org), but both are dormant.

Web search for existing source has not been useful because of any appropriate terms of search yield millions of misses. CPAN was also not of much use.

Now, I strongly suspect that the people on this and other Cygwin lists are not going to be the primary users of this facility, but they may be the beneficiaries of it's use by newbies.

More newbies may be able to use Cygwin. Thus making yous [sic] the Linus of the non-[adroit?]propeller heads. And to reducing the number of dumm questions [if its possible :-\ ].

... Unless, of course, you favor blood sport ... ;-)

Anybody know of any existing code that may be relevant? (I know about 'pinfo').

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Lee