Re: Weird bug with cp -f [solution that works for me]

Dave Korn wrote:

> > Although I'm pretty sure that prior releases of Cygwin have
> > co-existed with Mr Norton quite happily.
> >
> > Did the original poster have Norton enabled?
> >
> > Anyone else care to comment?
>
>   *Nothing* co-exists "happily" with that godawful norton/symantec/mcafee garbage.
> Not even notepad.  It's the worst software in the world.  Anything that continues
> to run after norton has been installed is only succeeding by good luck.  If you
> want me to enlarge on that, we'll have to TITTTL.

Mmmh, so we'll put a check mark down under "Not a fan of Symantec" then
for Dave, with certainty.

I guess it's been a while since "Peter Norton" had f-all to do with
actually writing the software.  Although back in the early 90s his "PC
Tools" or whatever it was called were pretty useful.  Can't say I'm a
fan of the stuff now though.  Seems like it's standard practise to take
firewall software (which you would think could be made light and
efficient since it's just packetfiltering after all) and turn it into a
bloated steaming pile of eyecandy-laiden goo.  What _are_ all those tens
of megabytes of install data for????

Brian