Re: [WHINGE] This group isn't in Gmane!

Igor Pechtchanski schrieb:
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Reini Urban wrote:
Reini Urban schrieb:

Ok, since life is so hard and you whined so load,
I did the complaining at gmane.discuss to Lars.
Will be up shortly.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.discuss/6540

Update: Lars is on vacation, so it will need some more time. Haven't got a date, when he will be expected back in business.

Oh, boy. That's really bad news, Reini! You mean that millions of people on Usenet will be unable to follow and contribute to our chatter for a few more days/weeks/time units? How can we ever survive this?! Why, it may even mean that this list will fade out... ];->

Hmm, wait, the list *is* archived on the web, so millions of people are
already following our chatter, and we do generate quite a bit ourselves.
Whew, not all is lost yet. :-)

And there's even more light at the end of the tunnel: GMANE will able to import all the old archived mailbox files, so every single and possibly important cygwin-talk message will NOT get lost in the gmane universe.

Really, I asked to add cygwin-licensing to gmane.
It's really important to have access to this single message http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-licensing/2004-q3/msg00000.html on GMANE. -talk was just a side pet.

And gmane urls are shorter to post as reference, so it will not extend 72chars par. formatting that easily. Besides the "cool" DHTML frameset navigation, if anyone is on that boat.