Re: Help on make from cygwin on USB drive

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 08:26:25PM -0800, John Mamer wrote:
>My problem is gnu make.  I can compile a program using gcc directly, but
>when I try to compile the same program using make, I get errors such as
>"undefined reference to fprintf" which seems to indicate that gcc cannot
>see the header files/libraries when it is invoked by make, but it can
>when invoked by itself.  My wild guess is that there is an environment
>variable that make looks at that is being set improperly or another
>registry key that I am unaware of???

<response flippant="on">
I think it's pretty clear that make doesn't like you.  I'd just back
away slowly, talking nicely to it, and, when it isn't looking, jump for
the keyboard and quickly delete make.exe altogether.  Maybe, if you
reinstall, you'll get a friendlier version.  Possibly the mirror
site that you downloaded make from originally was just in a bad
mood.
</response>