Re: tar and cygwin

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 12:06:15PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Dave Korn wrote:
>>Yes, but they did have a bad habit of chewing through all the wires.
>>That's why we had to migrate Cygwin to a chicken-based infrastructure
>>in the first place.
>
>Huh?  I thought this was done to establish the right pecking order
>between Cygwin internals...

There is no reason to second-guess our reasons for moving from goats to
chickens.  The reason is very simple:  the core cygwin developers did not
have a steady supply of goats but we could acquire chickens with relative
ease.

I tried at one point to get a dual goat/chicken sacrifice altar working
but given the whines from people in the cygwin mailing list, it seems like
the goat sacrifices are still ineffective.  So, as usual, this means that
we are waiting for someone with sufficient priestly skills to make the
necessary obeisances.

cgf