RE: 1.5.12-1: ld (make) Error while compiling

  What I really enjoy is when people whose first language isn't English try to
write posts with the help of a whatever-to-english dictionary, and they haven't
really got the hang of the language, and so they look up a phrase, and see fr'ex
" avoir une probleme avec ...  =  to have a problem with sth/sb.", and don't
realise that "sth/sb." is an abbreviation for "something" or "somebody"
according to the context, and so then they go and write letters that say e.g.

Plz can you help me, I have a problem to compile sth/sb. under windows xp.....

  I know it's not fair to mock someone for making a mistake in a foreign
language, so without mocking I would just like to say that this kind of
mis-understanding tickles my funnybone :)  I aspire to be equally amusing to
native speakers when _I'm_ trying to talk a foreign language.

> I read an article somewhere about how people try to use this kind of
> shorthand in corporate communications and need to be *trained* in how to
> form proper sentences with actual words and understandable grammar.

  I recommend electric shock aversion therapy for this form of training!

> Apparently some people think that the shorthand used in sending messages
> via cell phones is ok for email.
>
> cgf

  Heh.  I like the way you call it "the shorthand used in sending messages via
cell phones".  That's a very longhand way to say "txtspk"!

  Of course, *I'm* old enough to remember that we invented it in computer
chatrooms and MUDs long before even the early brick-like cellphones were
widespread, never mind years before SMS texting was invented.  It'll always be
'mudspeak', or perhaps even '1200/75 modem speak' to me....

    cheers,
      DaveK