From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Christopher Faylor
Sent: 17 January 2005 17:01
To: cygwin
Subject: Re: tetex 2.99

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 02:09:04PM +0100, Dr Jekyll wrote:
>Hi, the tetex package of Cygwin is not up to date. Have anyone here succeed
>in installing the tetex 2.99? Can you share your experience? I'm done!

Good point.  You can't just indiscriminately assume that DLLs are not
executable since that would mean that the user would have no way to
control this behavior.

OTOH, I don't think we automatically have to flag DLLs on a
non-acl-aware FS as executable either.  Currently DLLs always show
up as executable.  I don't know how much work it would take to change
this and I'm not particularly inclined to look into it but this is
probably somewhere in the stat_worker function.

cgf