Re: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 06:39:03PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>>You got that right.  Imagine what would happen if we were to get too
>>deeply into my behavioral problems.
>
>Better yet, imagine what would happen if you suddenly decided to behave
>in a mature and at least semi-professional manner.

Yeah, there's certainly no fun there.

>>My bed wetting might return and then I'd have to add my wife's name to
>>the 99.99% of the people in the cygwin community who hate my guts.
>
>I think that one's called a "persecution complex".

That's #3 today for the psychological assessments.  That may be a daily
record for you.

>Nobody in the Cygwin community hates you Chris.  I certainly don't.  I
>just want you to behave yourself, much like any sixth-grader is able
>and expected to do.

Gee, I have to stop feeding you straight lines.  You really hit that
one out of the park!

>>You know I'd expect a lot more sympathy from someone who was sincerely
>>trying to help...
>
>You expect sympathy, but refuse to give any?  Interesting.

You really do have my sympathy Gary.  I'm truly sorry that I haven't
made that clear before.  And, believe it or not, I say this with no
humorous intent.  I really mean it.

>>Btw, I think that's #2 for the term "behavioral problems".  We're
>>currently stalled at 5 for the term "flame-off".
>
>Does counting the number of times I use particular terms or phrases
>somehow help you cope with your issues, Chris?

Yes.  It does.  Categorizing someone's needs to compulsively repeat
observations really does help me.  So, I guess you really are helping me
after all.  In your own way.

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 10:40:21AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>So, he (Gary) was assuming that a message that you sent at 9AM EDT on
>Thursday was going to see some sort of harsh response more than twelve
>hours later.

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 06:39:03PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>This seems very similar to how you were (are?) so enamored with the
>number of hours between the time somebody posted a question and the
>time I posted a response.

cgf