Re: cyg/lib DLL naming

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 02:44:31PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Jun 16 14:30, Pe?iva Jan wrote:
>> > As AGO pointed out, searching for libfreetype.dll is non-portable,
>> > dangerous, and silly.
>> [...]
>> If I skip all offensive words, I have to thank you for the discussion.
>
>Oh my, Igor, why are you so offensive all the time?  May a hippo fall
>on you(*)!

For the record, I think the offensive words were along the lines of:

OP>You are missing the point.
Igor>No, I think you are missing the point.

Igor, go wash your mouth out with soap!

This thread was the classic example of "I'm trying to port my
application.  Please change the cygwin distribution to make that
possible."

It reminds me of a commercial we have in this area where someone is
trying to sell their house so they ask the police to temporarily reroute
the interstate highway by the house so they get maximum visibility.

cgf