Re: I want to believe!

On 8/11/05, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) <BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov> wrote:
..snip..
> (2) Organisms are not all that well designed.  One example.  Having the
> optic nerve traversing the retina to attach from "above" results (a) in a
> blind spot in the retina where the nerve goes through, (b) in the nerves
> shading the retina leading to slightly lower sensitivity, and (c) the
> ability of the retina to detach from the eyeball, leading to blinds.(sic)
Except Ocotpoi and other cephalopods, - they have a properly
'designed' (ahem!) retina which is the right way round - the optic
nerve comes from behind the retina and so no blind spot.
When I read some of the rubbish on evolution vs Idiotic Debate I wish
people would learn to use their Noodles...

--
regards,
Bill