Re: Problem with sh/bash and snapshot cygwin1-20050825.dll

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 04:04:29PM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:

>> > Because POSIX states that buf is indeterminate on error, and
>> > because Corrina's patch caused a regression (ie. 1.5.18 was
>>             ^^^^
>>
>> Sorry about that, Corinna - mental slip as I was typing.  (Someday
>> I'll learn...)
>
>I'm sure Corinna doesn't mind, Erik.
>
>Something I've always wondered: does cgf approve of the shortening of
>his name to just Chris?  Others do it a lot, but I've never seen him
>do so himself, so I've always abbreviated it cgf.

No, I don't mind at all.  I'm always known as "Chris".  I started using
Christopher when I need to sign my full name to avoid "Dear Sir or
Ma'am"s as Christopher is (with a couple of odd exceptions) unambiguous.

OTOH, I like to use "cgf" because I used to have a stamp when I was a
kid that allowed me to put my initials on stuff and I got used to seeing
my initials on clothes, upholstery, siblings, fine china, pets,
relatives, etc.

Hmm.  I wonder what I did with that stamp.  The turtle is looking a
little naked.

cgf