Re: Quoting characters (was: Re: Call for testing Cygwin snapshot)

It's the combination of quoting characters + newlines + no whitespace
separation that made it seem especially unreadable to me.  I would
have written:

    This is on win 95 again...

    I commonly source a file containing among other things:

        /usr/sbin/sshd

    With this build, when logging in (using

        ssh <machine-name>

    ), a new console pops up. It didn't before. When using

        ssh <machine-name> bash -li

    two consoles pop up, and typing

        tty

    on the resultant prompt reports "not a tty".

    If I can help by providing more info, let me know.

Or just:

    This is on win 95 again...

    I commonly source a file containing among other things:
    "/usr/sbin/sshd". With this build, when logging in (using "ssh
    <machine-name>"), a new console pops up. It didn't before. When using
    "ssh <machine-name> bash -li" two consoles pop up, and typing "tty" on
    the resultant prompt reports "not a tty".

    If I can help by providing more info, let me know.

The latter would still be readable to me with ``'', but I prefer ".