RE: cygwin service not starting

Dave Korn wrote:

>   But then it is _your_ business that this administrative work is for the
> benefit of, and placing it on others as an externality seems to me bordering
> on unethical.
>
>     cheers,
>       DaveK

DaveK:

Thanks for your thoughtful email. Nabble was created trying to be useful, not to burden people. In fact, should there be any trouble, simply send us an email and we will take care of it for you.

Mailing list archive is nothing new, but Nabble tries to improve upon the existing solutions. Taking search for example, Cygwin has 7 lists, this means 7 separate archives to search or browse. But Nabble allows a user to search/browse all the archives from one place. Try search http://www.nabble.com/Cygwin-f12165.html - also click on the "Show Tips" link, you will find many powerful search options.

Based on the discussion on this thread, I already changed the description of the cygwin-talk to reflect Brian Dessent's comment. Also, I will suspend Nabble's posting function on this list shortly. In the next Nabble release, posting will be restricted to only list subscribers.

Thanks again for your comments.

Will L
Nabble.com
Sent from the cygwin-talk forum at Nabble.com.