Re: LyX

> I would love to see LyX in the default cygwin install, but it is not available
> by defaul apparently.

I would love to see Foo in the default cygwin install, but the upstream
maintainers have not made it available by defaul apparently:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2006-q1/msg00145.html

> Sadly, I don't have the expertise to put together a package
>
> LyX uses tex, ghostscript, and a variety of image manipulation tools.  This
> would be a great test for the various tools and the environment.

Are you sure it doesn't also depend on hippos?

> I have managed to get LyX running on cygwin before, but it is quite a pain to do
> so, and it never worked 100%

So you're saying LyX is lazy?  I'd love a job where I never had
to work 100%.

> Cheers-
>
> Ed Gatzke

By the way, this is a non-technical list.  Reread
http://cygwin.com/lists.html, and look at the description
of the primary cygwin list, and compare it to the
description of this cygwin-talk list.

--
Eric Blake